Learning to Adapt 2
On the 16th November EIANZ NSW along with ACCARNSI successfully hosted a professional development breakfast titled ‘Learning to adapt 2: Australia’s future services.’ This event focused on climate change adaptation options for key service infrastructure with a range of eminent speakers and panel discussion:
- Fabian Sack – President EIANZ NSW – Event host;
- Jomes O’Loghlin – ABC Presenter – Master of ceremonies;
- Mark Rogers – Colonial First State – Australian infrastructure investment;
- Jason Evans – UNSW Climate Change Research Centre – Climate science and impacts on NSW;
- Marika Calfas – Sydney Ports Corporation – Adaptation measures for Sydney Ports Corporation;
- Chris Derksema, City of Sydney Council – Adaptation measures for the City of Sydney Council; and
- Stephen Lees – Parsons Brinkerhoff Australia – Sustainability rating scheme.
ACCARNSI was represented by Ron Cox, ACCARNSI Network Convenor, Bill Peirson, Convenor of Node 4 – Infrastructure as well as multiple Network members and research associates who were engaged by the morning’s discussions.
Participants attended to communicate forefront issues relating to climate change adaptation in the NSW infrastructure sector from a variety of perspectives. Participants were rewarded with stimulating presentations and an active panel discussion session from which important outcomes will be followed up in subsequent events.