Adaptation policy for conservation and management of wetlands
Workshop on "Adaptation policy for the conservation and management of nationally and internationally important wetlands".
Hosted by National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility, (NCCARF) the Society for Wetland Scientists (Oceania chapter) and ILWS, the workshop will bring together an interdisciplinary group of policy makers, managers and researchers to discuss the following issues:
1. How can wetlands be prioritised for adaptation based on likely future viability?
2. When is intervention to aid wetland adaptation to climate change feasible?
3. How should management objectives be set for wetlands under climate change and how can management effectiveness be monitored?
4. What are appropriate management responses to climate change for Ramsar listed wetlands?
5. How can political support for adaptation of wetlands to climate change best be achieved?