National Climate Change Adaptation Research Plan
NCCARF developed a National Climate Change Adaptation Research Plan for Primary Industries in 2010 to identify research required to provide decision makers within government, industry and communities with the information they need to effectively respond and adapt to the impacts of climate change on primary industries.
This NARP was updated in 2013 to reflect the contribution of new research to practitioner knowledge needs, as well as the evolving requirements of practitioners.
The Plan is concerned with climate adaptation research priorities for agricultural, forestry and freshwater aquaculture producers and industries, associated industries and organisations, rural communities, and governments.
The development of this Plan was led by the following writing team:
- Professor Snow Barlow (University of Melbourne)
- Dr Mark Gibbs (Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries)
- Professor Peter Grace (QUT)
- Dr Mark Howden (CSIRO)
- Professor John Howieson (Murdoch University)
- Professor Jan McDonald (NCCARF)
- Professor Roger Stone (University of Southern Queensland)
- Dr David Ugalde (Australian Government Department of Climate Change).