Impacts of climate change
Climate change will have impacts across all sectors of Australia's social, natural, built and economic environment.
These impacts may be negative in some sectors, but for others may present new opportunities. Adaptation is about preparing for negative impacts and finding actions we can take to reduce them, while looking out for new opportunities and transforming our business, our farming, our town planning or our lifestyles to exploit these.
NCCARF has developed 'Living with Climate Change' a series of information sheets detailing expected impacts for different sectors.
Each sheet covers:
· Current sensitivity and vulnerability to climate
· Likely future climate trends
· Key climate change impacts and vulnerabilities
· Social and economic impacts and how these will interact with climate change
· Adaptation practices, options and barriers and the associated costs.
· Research priorities