The Forum for NCCARF interaction with states and territories (FORNSAT) is an important opprtunity for NCCARF to interact with the state and territory governments.
This forum was established in 2008 to provide a mechanism for all Australian state and territory governments to interact with the National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility, and also with each other, to progress climate change adaptation research and activity in Australia.
Membership comprises a representative from each of the states and territories, the NCCARF Director and the NCCARF Deputy Director.
Objectives of FORNSAT:
• To provide NCCARF, its Adaptation Research Networks and Australian state and territory governments with a mechanism for sharing information about climate change adaptation research and activity;
• To inform, support, and provide feedback on national climate change adaptation research including research undertaken through the NCCARF Synthesis and Integrative Research Program;
• To assess the requirements of decision makers in the area of climate change adaptation and use the results to inform the Synthesis and Integrative Research Program;
• To explore and realise opportunities for research collaboration and cooperation;
• To provide input and advice into national decision-making processes relevant to climate change adaptation research.