- Ports and Climate Change
- Update Report 2013 - National Climate Change Adaptation Research Plan for Primary Industries
- Analysis of damage to buildings following the 2010-11 Eastern Australia floods
- Planning, building and insuring: Adaptation of built environment to climate change
- Extractive resource development in a changing climate: learning the lessons from extreme weather events in Queensland, Australia
- NCCARF Business Factsheet
- Business and Climate Change Adaptation: Toward Resilient Companies and Communities
- Asset Owners Disclosure Project (AODP)
- Superannuation Trustees and Climate Change Report
- Stormy Future For U.S. Property/Casualty Insurers: the Growing Costs and risks of extreme Weather events
- Impacts and adaptation responses of infrastructure and communities to heatwaves
- A spatial vulnerability analysis of urban populations during extreme heat events in Australian capital cities
- Assessing Climate Change Risks and opportunities for Investors: Property and Construction Sector
- Climate Change Adaptation and Business Sector Forum
This NARP was updated in 2013 to reflect the contribution of new research to practitioner knowledge needs, as well as the evolving requirements of practitioners.
Development of National Climate Change Adaptation Research Plans is a key function of NCCARF. These Plans (referred to as NARPs) are produced for nine key sectors where adaptation responses will be critical in safeguarding against climate risks to social, economic and environmental well-being. The Primary Industries NARP has been revisited in 2012 and priority research questions have been updated to ensure currency and to provide guidance for research investment over the next five years.
The purpose of a NARP is to identify priority needs over the next few years in developing knowledge on how governments, businesses and communities can best adapt to climate change risks. They provide a national blueprint for research investment by research organisations and knowledge user stakeholders. Development of NARPs involves the active participation of both the research community and adaptation knowledge users. The NARP for Primary Industries (Primary Industries NARP) (Barlow et al. 2011) is concerned with identifying priority research questions for primary industries climate change adaptation issues. The knowledge generated by research into these questions should prepare primary industries to take advantage of opportunities for primary industries that result from climate change and to reduce unavoidable detrimental climate change impacts.
Updated priority research questions are identified based on:
• Changes to stakeholder needs since the Primary Industries NARP was completed in 2010;
• Relevant research published since the Primary Industries NARP was completed; and
• Areas of current research focus in relation to the Primary Industries NARP
For more information, including a link to download the report click here.